Change happens. It’s not always fun, but it is inevitable. Recently, we’ve gone through a lot of changes at New Phoebe House. We’ve come to accept all these changes, and actually, are growing quite excited about everything. Here’s a quick recap to keep you in the loop.
- Vocational Program Manager – a position we have long been hoping to fill is now filled. Soon, our new Vocational Program will be in full swing!
- Business Manager – our longstanding and dependable bookkeeper is retiring. In her place, we combined bookkeeping with some other duties and hired a Business Manager to help relieve some of the burden from our overextended Executive Director and other staff (yay!)
- KidsPlay Director – we have a new Director of KidsPlay, and she has been a great fit with our program!
- The Great Pumpkin Costume Ball & Auction – We’re having our first auction and dinner fundraiser to grow support for our growing programs. Costumes. Pumpkins. Glass. Fun.
- Want to join us? Learn more and buy tickets here, or keep an eye on our Facebook page for volunteer opportunities.
Well, apparently a lot of those are growth in our staff, but we’re still excited about it, and we hope you are too. It represents growth in our capacity to serve the women and their children as they recover from life’s challenges and build their new lives together.